Job Description: Staff
You are the primary ambassador between our guests and Nashville, providing friendly checkins, personal recommendations, and helping maintain quality facilities that keep our guests happy.
– Provide guests with quick and flawless check-in, payment collections, and check-out experience.
– Welcome and orient guests with information about the facility, location, and our history.
– Provide expertise in the local area, events, and programs.
– Facilitate a fun and welcoming atmosphere that ensures a quality Nashville experience.
– Assure accurate financial transactions via cash and credit cards that match our rates and booking system.
– Ensure a consistently high level of cleanliness for our common area and kitchen.
– Maintain clean and organized appearance of front desk and reception.
– Ensure bottle neck free operation of laundry management (washing / drying / folding).
– Be alert, vigilant, and on look out for difficult personalities and intoxicated individuals.
– Ability to differentiate a fun atmosphere from destructive party behaviors.
– Full or Part-Time positions available.
– Consistency is preferred. (will not accommodate constantly changing availability)
– Flexibility is Appreciated.
– Hours will include evening and weekend/holiday hours. Must be available to work from 7am-3pm and/or 3pm-11pm.
– Hourly Pay ($9+ pending experience. Additional pay for overnight hours.)
– Medical, Vision, Dental options available for full-time employees.
– 401(k) with Employer matching after 1 year of employment
– Unique & Fun Work Environment
– Free Life Insurance Policy
– Discount for friends/family on accommodations in Downtown Nashville
– Advancement opportunities within company
– International or domestic travel and hostel stay experience.
– Proficiency in business math for cash register work.
– Ability to work with people of differing backgrounds.
– Ability to work in team setting to gain respect and appreciation from other staff.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks while giving attention to detail.
– Ability to work independently, manage projects, and complete administrative tasks.
– Ability to learn our computer reservation systems.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Knowledge of Google Apps and spreadsheet programs is +.
– Experience in college dorm operation, summer camp, hotel, and hostel is +.
– Understanding customer service and hospitality language is +.
This position requires bending, standing, walking, handling cleaning devices, feeling linen quality, listening and understanding foreign accents in a noisy environment, smelling to differentiate fresh from stale and foul odor in rooms, reaching with hands and arms for various activities including assisting guests with 50 lbs luggage, climbing stairs, kneeling, and crouching. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
For employment consideration, please submit an introduction email along with resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org